Wednesday, March 4

March 1, 2009


I thought I'd become really good at taking the surreptitious photo on this trip. I had it down to a science. You scope out the scene, see something interesting, maybe apply a little misdirection, and -- bam! -- you get a cool photo of something you don't see everyday. It's a helpful skill to know, especially when you're not quite sure how to say, "May I take a photo?" in the language spoken by everyone around you or are unable to understand the response you get when you do ask. So imagine my surprise when I took a quick shot of this antique cart in Palermo SoHo and its proprietor not only noticed, but became very excited. I was a little worried until he grabbed a photo off the cart and posed so I could take a photo of him! His quirky character, his mostly unbuttoned shirt, and the old wedding photo in his hand go well with the jumble of oddities he was selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment