Monday, May 11

April 20, 2009


This photo reminds me that even when you're focused on your subject, you shouldn't be oblivious to what is happening in the world around you. I had half-heartedly settled on this tree as the day's subject, and because I was so unilaterally invested taking its photo, I nearly missed the hundreds of birds swooping around in formation over the salt flats behind me. I turned around in time to witness the end of their performance -- which was spectacular -- but not in time to document it well.

In the end, I like this photo for its textures and colors, as well as the flower/star shapes the blurred leaves make in the background. Without a zoom lens, photographing the birds was kind of a lost cause anyway. And without stopping to photograph the tree, I guess I wouldn't have been outside to see the part I did see.

No comments:

Post a Comment