Monday, February 23

February 21, 2009


I spent the bulk of my Saturday in Otavalo, a small town about 2.5 hours away from Quito that is known for its arts and crafts market. There was lots to look at, from intricately carved and painted chess sets like this one to t-shirts that were alternatively touristy with images of the Galapagos Islands and ridiculous with bad pick up lines in Spanish. The vendors were surprisingly nice about letting me take photos without buying anything, and I would probably have hundreds if my camera battery hadn't run out. Luckily, I got it to come back to life just in time to take a few last photos of the day's highlight -- an afternoon snack at a pie shop just off the main square.

All my Otavalo photos can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26588367@N02/sets/72157614516789764/

No comments:

Post a Comment