Thursday, January 15

January 15, 2009


I was waiting to get into a review room on the first floor this afternoon when the light shining through the tall grasses outside caught my attention. I liked the way it shimmered, making the weeds seem much more exciting than they normally are. After the review, I went outside and took a bunch of shots, playing with aperture, white balance, and exposure. Most of the photos came out great, with differing levels of gold, light, and intricate criss-crossing compositions. In one, a little puff of dandelion peeked out from the bottom. It's circular shape and white color juxtaposed nicely with the linear yellows of the grass. I cropped it closer and liked the result better than all the rest. I love how photos make us notice the little details we weren't aware of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment