Monday, January 5

January 2, 2009



I got the idea for this blog late at night, right before I went to bed. I hadn't taken any photos, so I looked frantically around the room for a subject. My eyes hit briefly on the bulging suitcases I had been avoiding unpacking, but quickly discarded them because (a) they were decidedly unphotogenic and (b) taking photos of them meant acknowledging them. Then I saw the gnome. It had been a Christmas gift the year before, but I hadn't managed to take it outside to its natural garden habitat. Perfect. It could serve as a reminder to actually do the things I'd been meaning to do and help me test the quality of the zoom on my point and shoot. Plus, how can you not take a photo of a gnome so excited about reading that he gives you thumbs up?

No comments:

Post a Comment